4.04.2011

Day one of the Real Food Pledge

Today we started our Real Food Pledge. So far, nothing seems different. For breakfast, I had yogurt with strawberries, banana, apple, and grapes. Then I had half a banana with a tablespoon of peanut butter for a snack. I haven't gotten a chance to go to the butcher for lunch meat yet so for lunch we had sharp cheddar grilled cheese sandwiches on Dave's Killer Bread (since I haven't made bread, yet) with watermelon. Will probably have some raw veggies for the afternoon snack. The husband had eggs and asparagus for breakfast, and the grilled cheese/watermelon combination for lunch as well.

I just meal planned, and am not really faced with any challenges, yet. This is pretty much how we eat already! Which is good. Here are our first four dinners:

Monday
Thai chicken vegetable (bell pepper, onion, mushrooms) lettuce wraps

Tuesday
(Changed to whole wheat pasta with veggies)

Wednesday
Slow cooked whole chicken with vegetable tian (zucchini, tomato, summer squash) and salad

Thursday
Whole wheat orzo with roasted vegetables (mushroom, bell pepper, asparagus, onion, tomatoes) and leftover chicken with salad

Sounds amazing. For lunches, we'll probably stick to salads or sandwiches, and fresh fruit/veggies. For breakfasts, probably combinations of eggs, yogurt, granola, fresh fruit and toast from homemade bread. Snacks are probably going to mostly consist of veggies/fruit, nuts, and dried fruit.

It's too soon to note any changes, obviously, and especially since we didn't eat that many industrialized ingredients anyway, but I do feel quite chipper today:) Maybe it was all the crafting I did this weekend combined with the gardening yesterday. My crafting is a surprise, but I will definitely show it off when it's done;)

1 comment:

  1. ohhh I think I am going to try this next week! It would for sure take some planning :)

    ReplyDelete